Thursday, October 9, 2008

Save money on holiday photo cards

Since all my friends and I had children, the whole point of sending and receiving holiday cards is to see how everyone's kids have grown. For the past several years, I've compared the prices at Target and Wal-Mart and then picked the cheapest one to have holiday cards made of a picture I took of my kids. (I use my own snapshots rather than paying for professional shots.) But I send out a lot of cards and I end up spending a good chunk of change on the cards and postage. One way to truly slash those costs is to take that digital snapshot of my kids and fire it off to friends in a holiday e-mail. I'll still have to send pictures to relatives who still wedded to prints, but I have plenty of friends who are quite comfortable printing out their own photos off the e-mail or ordering the pictures through services like iPhoto, Shutterfly, Kodak Gallery, Photobucket, etc.

1 comment:

TheFreshCard.com said...

If you are going on holiday check to see if there are any tourist discount cards available in the area.



I run a small membership in Cyprus for tourists. Cyprus is a great place to visit but boy is it expensive! So with a little discount at selected restaurants, car hire and hotels is always welcoming! Look up www.MyTouristCard.com to see if we could save you a little money on holiday.